Schools Active Movement will:
- Connect - Provide effective communication for the extended network to build the movement and develop relationships
- Advocate - Support members to advocate their work locally and unify to create a collective voice to raise the profile nationally
- Share - Share good practice to allow the extended network to become even more effective in their work.
Our board consists of representatives volunteering from organisations across the country and has at least one member from each of the regions of England. We also have representation from YST which this movement will be ‘connected’ too.
Membership is free of charge and open to not-for-profit organisations with schools as part of the governance structure. For members who are SGOs but are not offering an ‘extended offer’ to schools it must be noted that they are involved with SAM on a voluntary basis and not as part of the SGO task list.
Our effectiveness will be dependent on being able to represent and connect with as many people and organisations as possible. Help us achieve our vision of supporting the extended network to ensure children are Happier, Healthier and More Active by encouraging your colleagues you work with in your area to join us by forwarding this letter.
- Vincent Brittain - [email protected]
- Alan Watkinson - [email protected]
- SAM LinkedIn - https://www.linkedin.com/groups/12494827/
- SAM Twitter - @SchsActiveMment
- Numbers of members/schools working with (as of 04 February 2021): 160 members working with 11,000 schools and 2.75 million children
- Active Lives report from Sport England - View Here
- The School Active Movement have given our thoughts - View Here
SAM Webinar 12 October 2022
SAM Webinar 23 May 2022
SAM Webinar 25 March 2022
SAM Webinar 10 February 2022
- You can find the slides here, as well as the following additional files:
- Blank Impact - updated April 2020
- Blank Impact
- NWLSSP SLA Template Forest Way
- SLA SSP
SAM Webinar 08 December 2021
SAM Webinar 12 October 2021
SAM Webinar 01 July 2021
- You can watch the recording here.
SAM Webinar 17 June 2021
SAM Webinar 18 May 2021
- You can find the slides here. You can watch the recording here. Please use the wording from the MP letters and not from the slides.
- SAM National School Survey data
- SAM MP letter (Conservative) - to be used after reading briefing note
- SAM MP letter (Labour) - to be used after reading briefing note
- SAM MP briefing note
SAM Webinar 18 March 2021 - Advocacy: Linking with your MP and FIT 4 HHA paper
- Meeting your MP top tips and ideas
- Template letter to MPs
- Draft SAM advocacy briefing paper - FIT 4 HHA
- Webinar presentation slides
- Webinar recording
Our inaugural webinar on 04 February 2021 - 112 SAM members joined us from across the country. We were delighted to have contributions from Ali Oliver, CEO at Youth Sport Trust, and Telegraph journalist Jeremy Wilson. Click here for the recording. Access the top tips from Jeremy on connecting with the press here.
- Presentations: Oak Academy, Health & Wellbeing, Leadership, Physical activity lockdown wins
- Case Studies: Barnet Strava, Christchurch SSP, Inspire Plus, RMC East, The Grange Leadership Pathway
- SAM Informal Networking - 22 April 2021 - View Here, Recording