We generate original thought-leading, issue-led research to highlight issues, trends and opportunities. We identify and amplify external evidence which positively influences policy and practice affecting the wellbeing of children and young people.
Demonstrating our impact:
We evaluate our work and the work of others to demonstrate the impact that PE, sport and physical activity has on young people’s lives and to help develop and target future delivery.
Partner with others:
We offer bespoke research, analysis and insight services and expertise to organisations with an interest in the wider wellbeing and life chances of children and young people. These include the education, PE and school sport sector, the wider community sport sector, the activism and volunteering sector and those involved in developing life skills, employability and opportunities for young people.
Find out more about our research services in this downloadable brochure.
Five big issues:
- Only 45% of young people are meeting the Chief Medical Officer guidelines of taking part in sport and physical activity for an average of 60 minutes or more every day (Sport England, 2021)
- The UK ranked lowest out of 24 European countries for the proportion of 15 year olds with high life satisfaction (PISA, 2018)
- One in four school pupils aged 11-15 are obese (Association for Young People’s Health, 2019)
- 38% of teachers said their PE provision has declined because core subjects have been given additional time (Youth Sport Trust, 2018)
- 1 in 6 children have a probable mental disorder (NHS Digital, 2020).
Collaborate with us
Our research expertise is focussed on improving the wellbeing of children and young people through sport and activity.
We deliver bespoke high-quality research and insight to positively influence policy and practice affecting the wellbeing of children and young people.
Our experienced dedicated team of analysts and mixed methods researchers has a passion for turning research into meaningful insight.
The Youth Sport Trust regularly invite proposals from researchers via open tender to evaluate our programmes.
Our latest research tender opportunities will be updated on this page.
There are no current open tenders