Strongly allied to the five levers in the Recovery Curriculum, especially meta-cognition and space; the concept of a Sports Sanctuary is designed to equip educators with ideas, resources and content to support their pupils as they recover from the impact of a global pandemic.
In addition to the Sport Sanctuaries guide, which can be downloaded via the link above, there are several other additional resources which can support you in this area:
- Introductory Guide to creating Sport Sanctuaries
- Set of activity cards designed to support young people in regulating their emotions
- Blog - Sport Sanctuaries – does your school have one?
- Podcast - Sport and Sensory Sanctuaries as part of Active Recovery
- Podcast - Active Recovery (Part 2) – Panel Discussion – Reflections and Innovations