The charity sponsors projects which inspire and motivate young people to make the most of their lives. It aims to swing the pendulum of opportunity in favour of those who deserve a helping hand to be the best that they can be, but who lack the support they need to realise their ambitions.
teamArchie, in partnership with the Alsama Project in Lebanon and Youth Sport Trust International, is now offering two sports coaching bursaries for young people (aged 18 years+) to develop their cricket coaching skills and support young refugees living in camps in Beirut.
If you are passionate about coaching and cricket and helping young refugees, we look forward to hearing from you.
Successful candidates will be expected to:
- Commit to living in Beirut, for a 3 month period (October to December or January to March or April to July)
- Undertake training by Youth Sport Trust International before travel
- Join the Alsama Cricket coaching team to provide regular training sessions to young refugees
- Support the Alsama Project in other ways as required of their interns
- Provide fortnightly progress reports to teamArchie
- Become an Ambassador for teamArchie
DBS checks, travel insurance, return flights, accommodation, subsistence and pre travel training will be covered for successful candidates.
About the charity partners:
Alsama means ‘sky’ in Arabic. Established in January 2020, the Alsama Project is an NGO based in Lebanon which educates refugee children and empowers refugee women. Alsama sets up secondary education centres, sports hubs and social enterprises in areas of the Middle East affected by conflict. Projects are run for – and, in large part, run by – refugee communities. www.alsamaproject.com
Youth Sport Trust International
Youth Sport Trust International is a sport for development charity working across the globe, using the inspirational power of play, physical activity and sport to improve the life-chances of young people. Our key focus is on capacity building and sustainability, delivering bespoke training to upskill practitioners and young people. www.youthsporttrust.org.