A set of top tips and helpful resources to support you in including LGBTQ+ children and young people.
From the link above you can download our 'top tips' document on being an LGBT ally.
LGBTQ+ Sport Network
The Youth Sport Trust supported the creation of and continues to drive forward the LGBTQ+ Sport Network group which brings together organisations working towards LGBTQ+ inclusion in sport.
The group, established in September 2018, meets three times per year and aims to:
- Work collaboratively to promote LGBTQ+ campaigns and participation opportunities both internally to staff from participating organisations and to the wider community
- Share experiences and extend best practice in the workplace to ensure that participating organisations (and the sport sector as a whole) continues to embed high quality inclusive practice for LGBTQ+ staff and its membership/customer base
- Work collaboratively to promote jobs and leadership opportunities to ensure that participating organisations (and the sports sector as a whole) continue to benefit from attracting new LGBTQ+ talented individuals
- Act as an 'informal collective network voice' for participating organisations to further enhance opportunities for LGBTQ+ individuals in sport.
The LGBTQ+ Sport Network group have recently:
- Supported the Stonewall Rainbow Laces campaign 2018 and 2019
- Delivered a coffee and cake morning to raise awareness for LGBT History Month (February 2019)
- Delivered a coffee morning for the Great Get Together to promote equality, togetherness and acceptance (June 2019)
- Shared Best Practice with sport, education and LGBT community groups
- Shared training opportunities for staff and colleagues of the represented organisations of the LGBTQ+ Sport Network group
- Supported the re-launch of the Loughborough University LGBT Staff Group
- Attended the first Inclusive Leadership Forum (Wimbledon, 2019).
Organisations currently on the LGBTQ+ Sport network group are: