Over a 2-year period, if COVID-19 restrictions allow, a number of study visits between partners will take place focussing on good practise sport initiatives. One of these is the successful Youth Sport Trust programme – National School Sport Week (NSSW) – which has been running in UK schools since 2008 and GEM partners are due to visit during NSSW 2022. NSSW is recognised as an associated event of European School Sport Day.
The long-term aim of the project is to transfer and scale up examples of good sport initiatives across Europe. At this moment in time however collaboration remains online, with the kick-off meeting taking place via video link to discuss the initial steps of the project. Next stages include analysis of national grassroot structures and the sharing of knowledge between partners through webinars, discussion and seminars.
I am delighted to continue our work with European partners to share best practice and look forward to hosting a visit during NSSW 2022.
Project partners include:
- Deporte para la Educación y la Salud (DES)
- International Sport and Culture Association (ISCA)
- European Physical Education Association (EUPEA)
- Youth Sport Trust International (YSTi)Albanian School Sport Federation
- University of Mostar, Faculty of Science and Education
- Koha Ne Duart Tona (KNDT)
- Federation of Sports Pedagogues of Macedonia and Together Advancing Common Trust (TAKT)
- Serbian School Sport Federation
For more information please click here.
Published: 01 July 2021