Inclusion 2024 Resources
Our second Inclusion 2024 live week took place between 23-27 January 2023 with free access to SEND inclusion content available for all practitioners.
The live virtual content was delivered by expert practitioners and young people which focused on best practice of the inclusion of young people with SEND in PE, school sport and physical activity. The aim of the week was to develop greater knowledge, competence, and confidence to provide meaningful and inclusive opportunities for young people with SEND.
All of the sessions were recorded and can now be re-watched by following the links below. You can also access some supporting follow up information from the sessions.
Please note the BSL interpretation for this event was a live interpretation and as such there may be some natural errors that occur.
Introduction to co-creation: Find out ways to start that conversation with your young people
- Inclusive Youth Voice Toolkit: https://www.youthsporttrust.org/resources/inclusion/inclusion-2020-youth-voice-toolkit
- Youth Voice Toolkit: https://www.youthsporttrust.org/resources/character-and-leadership/youth-voice-toolkit
- Putting the voices of young people at the heart of sport & play: https://www.youthsporttrust.org/news-insight/blogs/putting-the-voices-of-young-people-at-the-heart-of-sport-play
- Inclusion 2024 blogs by young people: https://www.youthsporttrust.org/news-insight/blogs/inclusion-2024-live-blog
Disability Sports Awareness: How to include disabled young people, delivered by a young person
- TOP Sportsability: https://www.youthsporttrust.org/top-sportsability (to receive your country code email: [email protected])
- Multi Schools Council: https://www.multischoolscouncil.org.uk/
- Crohn’s and Autism Awareness Advocate Podcast (Mason’s podcast): https://open.spotify.com/show/3Fnn65Z8WlP3xDRfQpBPjt?si=f90529d84b5c400e&nd=1
- Read young people blogs including Mason’s: https://www.youthsporttrust.org/news-insight/blogs/inclusion-2024-live-blog
Inclusive Education Hub: Be supported to review and improve inclusive physical education and school sport delivery
- Inclusive Education Hub: https://education.activityalliance.org.uk/
- Inclusion Education Hub flyer
Whitfield Aspen School: A Dover based school that brings together mainstream pupils and Special school pupils in a truly inclusive learning environment
- Supporting Information: https://www.whitfieldaspenschool.co.uk/
Take your shot: How photography can bring everyone into the game
Register your school with Show and Tell! A creative wellbeing programme with FREE mindful photography workshop films, a national exhibition curated by celebrity judges and classroom PSHE sessions with leading influencers. All Youth Sport Trust registrations will also receive superstar photographer Jane Stockdale's SPORT Feedback Session recording. Join us to support young mental health - 'photography for life not likes'.
Youth Panel: Hear from young people about their leadership journey
- Youth Panel recording from 21.22: https://player.vimeo.com/video/676847469?h=61fd017dcc
- Read young people blogs including Sophie’s: https://www.youthsporttrust.org/news-insight/blogs/inclusion-2024-live-blog