Major League Baseball – First Pitch - Existing
The programme will look to continue to address the challenges of:
- Confidence and competence to deliver high quality PE/Physical literacy
- Tackling inactivity and physical wellbeing
- Opportunity to engage parents and families
What support will successful schools receive from Youth Sport Trust?
- 10 - 15 schools who took part in the 2020-21 First Pitch programme will have access to a 2 hour teacher networking and sharing practice workshop.
- An opportunity for a select number of schools to be part of a pilot testing brand new cross curricular resources that support the embedding of first pitch across schools.
- First sight of newly developed First Pitch cross curricular resources to share locally with schools.
- Programme Manager Support from the YST Development Manager with responsibility for the Major League Baseball – ‘First Pitch’ programme.
Expectations of hub schools
- responsible for recruiting 10 - 15 primary schools to sign up to access the ‘First Pitch teacher networking and sharing practice’ workshop
- responsible for coordinating data collection and reporting progress on behalf of 10-15 schools
- Engaging and delivering a minimum of 350 pupils across 10-15 schools and reported through termly data collection
- Provide monitoring and evaluation feedback on teachers trained and pupils engaged