New for the 2018/19 academic year, the approach was developed in consultation with primary headteachers and practitioners in Lancashire and was piloted in 30 schools across the county in 2017/18.
My Personal Best Primary Resources
Through My Personal Best Primary, children aged 4-11 will:
- develop and apply life skills that will support them to ﬂourish in PE, school and life
- improve health and wellbeing and personal skills
- grow understanding and working with others (social skills)
- create opportunities, overcome challenges and make choices (thinking skills)
- increase their potential achievement and readiness for life.
This product is included within both the Plus and Premium Membership packages.
The one-day training consists of two parts:
Part one is for the Headteacher and PE Leader from each school and lasts approximately three hours, it will enable you to:
- explain the importance of developing pupils’ life skills
- recognise what ‘life-skilled’ looks like in your pupils
- identify the potential to develop life skills through PE
- describe how My Personal Best Primary could be embedded in your school.
Part two is for the PE Leaders, it will enable you to:
- demonstrate a life skills approach to teaching and learning in PE
- plan how to implement a life skills approach in your teaching of PE.
This training has been approved by the CPD Certification Service. It has been quality assured to meet the standards of high-quality CPD. It is available at the discounted price of £898.20 for YST Member Schools and £650.00 for Cluster Coordinators at the point of sign-up - after this point the cost is £898.20.