The PE Life Skills Award
The only award that recognises and rewards students who have developed life skills through PE.
PE teaches valuable life skills such as resilience, leadership, collaboration, and independence, which can inspire and empower them to excel in all areas of their lives. However, most of this learning can go unnoticed.
Now in its fourth year, this award lets teachers recognise students' learning through assessments in the PE curriculum. It helps students value PE and develop a positive relationship with physical activity for the future.
The PE Life Skills Award is accredited by Leadership Skills Foundation and suitable for both primary and secondary levels. To purchase, you will complete the transaction through the Leadership Skills Foundation website.
Register for free online webinars
Hear how the PE Life Skills Award can benefit your young people and find out what’s new with the product on two live Q&A sessions with our Head of PE and Achievement, Kate Thornton-Bousfield. Taking place on:
Since its launch in 2021, thousands of young people have benefited from this innovative award which gives them the opportunity to demonstrate and be accredited with the life skills they are learning through PE. Join our webinars to find out how you can be a part of it.
Engagement in PE is now fantastic. It has improved attendance, behaviour and attitudes to learning across the board.
What you receive
- Academic year licence to become an accredited PE Life Skills Award assessment centre
- Training in the assessment process
- Individual pupil learning journals, click for samples of Stage 1, Stage 2, Stage 3, Stage 4 and Stage 5
- An accreditation resource pack which includes learning reports and an achievement wall chart, see sample teacher handbook
- Printable Leadership Skills Foundation accredited award certificates
How much does it cost?
2023/24 Academic Year Pricing
- £349 for primary school pupils aged 4-11 years-old
- £499 for secondary school pupils aged 11-16 years-old
- £549 for secondary school pupils aged 11-18 years-old
- £349 for pupils aged 16-18
Want to know more?
Our short explainer video from our Head of Physical Education and Achievement, Kate Thornton-Bousfield, explains why the PE Life Skills Award is so critical for young people.
Develop life skills for school and work
Engage more pupils in PE
Show progress against Ofsted requirements for 'behaviour and attitudes' and 'personal development'
Evidence based assessment
Reward physical, emotional, social and cognitive development