Major League Baseball - First Pitch - New Schools
The programme will look to continue to address the challenges of:
- Confidence and competence to deliver high quality PE/Physical literacy
- Tackling inactivity and physical wellbeing
- Opportunity to engage parents and families
What support will successful schools receive from Youth Sport Trust?
- The School with the responsibility for organising will receive £800 capacity funding along with resources to support curricular, club and competition.
- 10 - 15 schools will have access to a 3 hour introduction/familiarisation training session that will be delivered physically or virtually. Any member of staff could attend who has an interest in the programme, although we would suggest a teacher who would be responsible for delivering in PE/Extra-curricular club.
- Programme Manager Support from the YST Development Manager with responsibility for the Major League Baseball – ‘First Pitch’ programme.
Expectations of hub schools
- responsible for recruiting 10 - 15 primary schools to sign up locally to access ‘First Pitch’ CPD
- responsible for coordination of local teacher/school staff training for 10-15 primary schools
- responsible for coordinating data collection and reporting progress on behalf of 15 schools