Girls Active: Secondary
DescriptionGirls Active is an award-winning programme that develops partnerships between teachers and girls working together to understand what makes girls fully engage in PE, sport and physical activity to then provide and sell inspiring and relevant opportunities for all girls. Girls Active is designed to be an annual process which provides resources and a support framework for schools and uses leadership and peer marketing to empower girls to influence PE, sport and physical activity in their school.
The programme aims to:
- Improve girls attitudes towards PE, school sport and physical activity and, for some, attitudes to learning and school life
- Increase understanding of how physical activity positively contributes to all girls lives
- Increase girls participation in PE, school sport and physical activity
- Increase self-esteem, confidence and commitment of girls in school
- Improve leadership skills and student voice with more and different volunteers within the school
- Enhance pupil-staff and pupil-pupil relationships both within PE and across the school.
What support is included?
- Teacher training (face to face or virtual)
- A student survey with a school insight report on girls participation and perceptions of PE, sport and physical activity in your school
- A range of resources including a teacher guide and cards to support girls
- Seed funding and ongoing support (subject to funder).