DescriptionYST in partnership with Team England and local delivery partners want to engage schools and young people to encourage a local identity and sense of belonging across Birmingham; focus on what people have in common; build understanding and mutual trust; change perceptions, attitudes and behaviours; focus on integration, inclusion, and interaction; and ensure participating children and young people, teachers and families have fun trying different sporting and cultural activity. We believe this will drive significant positive change on the longer-term integration of schools and communities across the city – resulting in a legacy of learning, participation, connection, and pride.
- 20 schools recruited in Birmingham
- 10 ‘twinned’ pairs selected by differences in ethnic diversity, disability, and disadvantage
- 100 young people recruited and trained as Connectors (social integration ambassadors)
- 40 teachers trained to support Connectors
- 20 school-led Connect-WITH events engaging 1600 young people in meaningful social mixing – through sport, art and cultural events - watch highlights of our taster event here
- 1 Connect-All event to reach 500+ friends and family of 100 Connectors in meaningful social mixing – through sport, art, and cultural events.
Youth and Community Coordinator