Lead School Networking Event - Wednesday 28 June 2023
Please register to attend the Lead School Networking Event on Wednesday 28 June.
The Lead School Networking event will provide the opportunity to celebrate, learn, share, and innovate alongside your fellow network leads. Your role as inspiring changemakers within our strategy is critical and the State of the Nation update will cover where schools, children, and young people are at, and the important role the Lead Schools play in achieving the organisation's vision and aims.
The networking sessions will be after school and available for each strand: Inclusion, LCV, and Health and Wellbeing. These sessions will provide an opportunity for celebrating achievements over the last 12 months, sharing and highlighting good practice and learning about what the 2023/24 Lead School offer has in store.
If you have any questions or issues signing up for the event, please contact Rebecca Tyers.
Reporting - Friday 14 July
A quick reminder that the reporting links are live all year round, so you can update the survey as you deliver or soon after events have happened.
If you require any support or are unsure of your link, please get in touch with Rebecca Tyers.
All About Autism E-Learning
The All About Autism E-Leaning has been refreshed and updated. This offers you the opportunity to go back into the website and do the e-learning again so you can see the up-to-date changes and content.
New E-Learning: An Introduction to the Sport of Boccia
An Introduction to the Sport of Boccia is a 30-minute e-learning workshop. Playing boccia improves lives! Learn more about this Paralympic sport and how you can play, coach and support it in your local community on this online course, endorsed by CIMSPA.
Everybody should have the opportunity to play sport and boccia is a totally inclusive sport which can be played by anyone. This online course will introduce you to boccia and highlight how you can play at your school, sports club, care home or community setting. You’ll learn how boccia can improve lives and make a difference to people from a range of backgrounds. As 'An Introduction to the Sport of Boccia' is your first step towards getting involved in boccia and has been endorsed by CIMSPA and awarded 0.5 points.
Created in partnership with UK Coaching, this course will help you to:
- Know more about the sport of boccia
- Identify where and how to play boccia safely
- Try the sport from your own home
- Recognise who might play boccia and understand their motivations for participating
- Gain insight into boccia equipment and know how to adapt this to your setting.
The course is suitable for anyone interested in or currently coaching boccia, sports coaches, teachers, students, carers, activity coordinators, or volunteers.
Comprised of three modules, this e-learning should take around 30 minutes to complete and £10 will be payable to UK Coaching via the above link.
Para Sport Multi-Sport Talent ID Day - Derby Arena, Wednesday 07 June 2023
The FA, British Cycling, Boccia England, British Triathlon, and British Volleyball are working together on an inaugural and innovative event to give young people the opportunity to experience a number of Para sport opportunities in the same place on the same day as a talent ID initiative to feed their respective Para pathways.
The details for the day are as follows:
- Date: Wednesday 07 June 2023
- Venue: Derby Arena, Royal Way, Pride Park, Derby, DE24 8JB
- Age group: 11-16
- Time: 10am-2pm (to allow travel time at both ends of the day)
- There will be up to 6 x 30min slots for young people to drop in and try as many different sports as they can throughout the day
- If groups arrive late / have to leave early, that is not a problem, it will just mean they will have access to a smaller number of 30mins slots.
Find out more and book here.
Run with Rich – Sunday 18 June 2023, Nottingham
Run with Rich 2023 is a friendly and inclusive ‘running’ event for everyone. The event caters for different people from experienced runners to complete beginners, people with a disability and those without. People are able to complete the courses in whichever way they can.
By taking part, you will support the work with disabled people enabling them to achieve a life without limits.
You can choose from two courses:
- 5km: this course is for anybody who wants a go! It loops around the beautiful lake at Holme Pierrepoint so you can lap it up and take in the views
- 1 mile: this course includes sensory experiences and is for families with small children, people with complex needs or if you’ve just started up running.
There will also be more exciting things happening in the Event village:
- Opportunities to try Drumba
- Time to watch the Dako Gymnastics Display
- Have a go at Boccia with Chesterfield Boccia Club.
There will also be plenty of other things to learn about, take part in or purchase. You will be able to check out the Nike Run with Rich merchandise and the event village will be supported by Nissan UK!
To register, click here.
Observation and mixed method approach crucial to understanding impact of activities for children with complex disabilities
A new report highlights the difficulty in measuring the impact of sport and physical activity and the need for more research. In partnership with ukactive Research Institute and Sport England, Sense Active's new report 'Feasibility of data collection with children with complex disabilities during virtual activity sessions' highlights the key recommendations for sports providers and social care staff to consider when evaluating the impact of sport and physical activity for children.
The report includes:
• Methodology; mixed data collection methods
• Insight; ensuring accessibility, importance of observation and family role
• Future recommendations
The executive summary and full report are both available by following this link.