Delivery and achievements for the 2022/23 academic year
The main findings for this year can be summarised as:
- The programme has involved over 28,000 interactions with members of the school workforce during 2022/23 academic year through training, networking, practice modelling, and information-sharing activities.
- Beneficiaries see a range of impacts on their practice from taking part in the programme and the vast majority would recommend colleagues take part.
- As a result of taking part, most beneficiaries have seen positive changes in how they approach the delivery of PESS to those with SEND.
- Pupils are also now achieving more active minutes. During the 2022/23 academic year, almost half of pupils with SEND were achieving 60 active minutes a day, and seven out of ten were achieving 30 minutes.
- However, beneficiaries face a range of barriers to more effective and widespread PESS delivery for those with SEND which lie outside of the scope of the programme.
A final Year 3 Report will be produced in July 2024.
Published on 27 October 2023