What is a Well School?
A Well School places just as much emphasis on wellbeing as it does on academic performance. It understands that children and young people are more effective learners when they are happy and well and that they must take care of their staff and their pupils wellbeing to create a culture that allows everyone to reach their potential.
Why Well Schools?
- Wellbeing impacts on student’s self-belief, aspirations and learning
- Teachers wellbeing underpins great teaching
- Wellbeing in schools can be a reaction to poor wellbeing rather than the promotion of positive wellbeing
- Environmental and social changes affecting young people’s physical and mental development demand different approaches to education
- The changing world demands broader education outcomes.
Staff and Headteacher wellbeing is actively supported and championed ensuring the whole school is ‘well-led’ and connected with the wider school community.
Every child has a foundation of physical and emotional literacy that will prepare them be effective learners and cope with the pressures of life.
Every child is equipped with the human skills through a curriculum and enrichment programme that develops their social capital and helps them thrive in a modern world.
Join the Movement
There is a growing community of like-minded professionals and stakeholders who believe that wellbeing should be at the heart of education.
Wellbeing should permeate all aspects of education and be the foundation of the culture that staff and pupils experience.
By registering free to the Well School community you are committing to join the movement for change in education, connect with colleagues across the UK to share resources and support each other and celebrate the impact of your Well School.