YST News - May 2019YST News - May 2019
Our Top Story
National School Sport Week - Registration Open - Promote the wellbeing of all young people through PE and school sport by registering for YST National School Sport Week (24-28 June). This year's theme is 'Five Ways to Wellbeing'.
- Almost two in three UK adults agree PE should be a core subject - YST have revealed the findings in the countdown to YST National School Sport Week (24 to 28 June) – re-enforcing its call for Physical Education to be a core subject in every school.
- Ben Smith champions National School Sport Week - YST Ambassador, Ben Smith is taking part in an awe-inspiring challenge, USA2020, through a partnership with the Youth Sport Trust and his 401 Foundation, which will culminate in National School Sport Week 2020. Registering for NSSW will also give you the chance to be among the first to find out how your school can get involved with Ben’s USA2020 Challenge.
- YST launch new video ahead of National School Sport Week - Take a look at our new video which explains how the Youth Sport Trust helps young people all around the country access the life-changing benefits of play and sport.
Upcoming Featured Events
- National School Sport Week - 24-28 June
- Girls Football Youth Leadership Camp - 12-14 July
- Majority of general public want PE as core subject (Telegraph) - Read More
- More time for PE on the curriculum needed (Education Business) - Read More
- Lack of physical activity is a ticking time bomb (Telegraph) - Read More
Sector Round Up
- Women's football: how girls are moving the goalposts (Guardian) - Read More
- Ben Smith on new challenge to run a marathon in every US state (Bristol Post) - Read More
- 'A safe place to learn that failure is ok' - the power of sport (Guardian) - Read More
YST News is also available as a monthly newsletter. To make sure you get next month's edition before anyone else you can sign-up to our mailing list below.