YST News - March 2019YST News - March 2019
Our Top Story
Charity says fun, friendship and freedom key to getting young people active - Sport England have published world-leading research into the attitudes of children and young people towards sport and physical activity. Read Youth Sport Trust's response to the report.
- The Girls Active Awards are open for 2019 - Girls from across more than 300 primary and secondary schools in England will have the chance to be recognised for their work to inspire more girls in their school to get active, through the 2019 Girls Active Awards.
- YST have been nominated for a Sports Business Award - The Youth Sport Trust has been nominated for the Best Sports Charity at the Sports Business Awards for the second year in a row, after coming third last year. The winners will be announced on Friday 31 May.
Upcoming Featured Events
- Girls Active Coaches Camp - 5-7 April, Loughborough University
- Barclays and The FA announce landmark partnership - Read More
- YST launches new accessibility toolbar on website - Read More
- Mims Davies' pledge to increase participation in girls and women (Telegraph) - Read More
Sector Round Up
- Two out of five British and Irish girls shun sport during puberty (Telegraph) - Read More
- Maths anxiety causing fear and despair in children as young as six (The Guardian) - Read More
- Figures reveal the physical toll of high-level sport on women (Telegraph) - Read More
YST News is also available as a monthly newsletter. To make sure you get next month's edition before anyone else you can sign-up to our mailing list below.