YST News - June 2019YST News - June 2019
Our Top Story
National School Sport Week sees thousands of schools join campaign to protect PE - This year's YST National School Sport Week saw thousands of children, organisations and schools from the Scottish islands down to the sandy beaches of Cornwall engage in the week.
- 'Journey to Wellbeing' - The USA2020 Challenge education programme - 'Journey to Wellbeing' sits at the heart of Ben Smith's USA2020 challenge. As part of the challenge, Ben wants to engage thousands of schools in a programme which will improve the wellbeing of young people and help them ‘find their happy’.
- An open letter to Jeremy Hunt and Boris Johnson - On the final day of YST National School Sport Week, we wrote to Jeremy Hunt and Boris Johnson, urging them to commit to tackling the decline in young people's wellbeing and make it a priority to ensure every child enjoys at least 60 active minutes every day.
- YST launch project to help build connections between Birmingham schools - Youth Sport Trust has launched a new project in partnership with Team England to encourage social integration among young people across Birmingham.
Upcoming Featured Events
- National School Sport Week - 24-28 June
- YST 2020 Annual Conference - 27 February - Register your interest
- Majority of adults don't know how much exercise children need (The Guardian) - Read More
- FA pledges to build on England's inspiring run in the World Cup (The Telegraph) - Read More
- Government urged to overhaul physical education for girls (The Telegraph) - Read More
Sector Round Up
- 'People don't understand until they've seen it' - the power of disability sport (The Guardian) - Read More
- Does education ensure young people are work ready? (Education Executive) - Read More
- 2 in 5 pupils don't know where to get mental health support in schools (BBC Teach) - Read More
YST News is also available as a monthly newsletter. To make sure you get next month's edition before anyone else you can sign-up to our mailing list below.