YST News - January 2019YST News - January 2019
Our Top Story
Ofsted inspection framework is good news for PE - Ofsted have published a draft inspection framework for 2019 which sets out how it proposes to inspect schools, further education and skills provision and registered early years settings. Read YST's response to the latest update.
- Mental health crisis in schools - We joined Young Minds and 40 other children’s charities in warning of a mental health crisis in our classrooms. A joint letter, published in the Sunday Telegraph, called for a greater focus on wellbeing in school inspections.
- Children's Mental Health Week - The Youth Sport Trust are supporting Children's Mental Health Week, led by charity Place2Be, as we champion the role of physical activity in supporting mental health and wellbeing. The week will be supported across our social media, with opportunities to get involved.
- Attend the YST 2019 Annual Conference - The publication of a new School Sport Action Plan from government this spring and a potential decision on the future of the primary PE and Sport Premium later this year mean 2019 is likely to bring significant change for PE and school sport. At the YST 2019 Annual Conference, you will have the opportunity to hear and learn from some of the leading schools and innovators, including Ofsted Chief Inspector, Amanda Spielman, rethinking PE and sport’s role in education.
Upcoming Featured Events
- YST National Conference - 28 February, Coventry
- More schools should offer football for girls (School Sport Mag) - Read More
- Girls Active Awards 2018 (The Female Lead) - Read More
- Young people shoot for the stars at charity event in Berkshire (In Your Area) - Read More
Sector Round Up
- Delivery apps thwart child obesity efforts (The Times) - Read More
- Traditional PE just doesn’t cut it – it never has (TES) - Read More
- Pupils to count sugar cubes in maths to cut obesity (The Times) - Read More
YST News is also available as a monthly newsletter. To make sure you get next month's edition before anyone else you can sign-up to our mailing list below.