YST News - February 2019YST News - February 2019
Our Top Story
Impact Report - The Youth Sport Trust 2018 impact report evidences the benefits of sport and play as we provided opportunities for hundreds of thousands of young people in every part of the UK to enjoy or lead high-quality sport, Physical Education and physical activity in the last academic year (2017/18).
- YST 2019 Annual Conference - Tackling some of the most significant and pressing issues young people face today was at the heart of the Youth Sport Trust 2019 Annual Conference, held at the Ricoh Arena in Coventry on Thursday 28 February.
- YST is in top 30 best not for profit places to work in UK - YST has been recognised as one of the best places to work in the UK, according to the prestigious Sunday Times 100 Best Not for Profit Companies to Work For list.
- Inclusive youth sport festivals to be held across England - The Youth Sport Trust is leading a consortium of organisations commissioned by the Department for Education to increase opportunities for young people with special educational needs and disabilities (SEND) to enjoy Physical Education, school sport and physical activity.
Upcoming Featured Events
- Girls Active Coaches Camp - 5-7 April, Loughborough University
- Sweeping success for children & young people at YST Awards - Read More
- Girls developed as coaches in Northern Ireland - Read More
- Sport saved my life - and it can rescue your child's mental health (Sky) - Read More
Sector Round Up
- Trolling, sexting and importance of sleep to be added to curriculum (Sky) - Read More
- Screen time for children under two more than doubles in 17 years (Independent) - Read More
- Excluded children more likely to develop mental health conditions (Schools Week) - Read More
YST News is also available as a monthly newsletter. To make sure you get next month's edition before anyone else you can sign-up to our mailing list below.