YST News - December 2018YST News - December 2018
Catch up on all the latest from the Youth Sport Trust, including the incredible plans of our ambassador, Ben Smith, on his latest fundraising mission, our response to Sport England's Active Lives Children and Young People report and a round up of all the key stories from the sector.
- YST ambassador to cycle and run through all 50 USA state capitals - In March 2020, Ben Smith will be travelling to the US and will run a marathon in each of the 50 US state capitals. On top of this, he will cycle between each location with the aim of completing the 18,500 mile journey in just 104 days.
- Children and young people research an 'urgent wake-up call' - The Youth Sport Trust has responded to Sport England's Active Lives Children and Young People report.
- Young people shoot for the stars at unified basketball festival - More than 240 primary and secondary school children from across Berkshire have taken part in a 'unified basketball' and games festival to celebrate Hasbro's Global Day of Joy.
- Book your place at the YST 2019 Annual Conference - The Youth Sport Trust is pleased to announce a new speaker and contributors at the 2019 Annual Conference and Awards Dinner.
Upcoming Featured Events
- YST National Conference - 28 February, Coventry
- Education Secretary says kids must toughen up (The Sun) - Read More
- Wales Young Ambassador speaks to CBBC newsround (BBC) - Read More
- Industry reacts to childhood inactivity survey (Sports Management) - Read More
Sector Round Up
- Young people highly sceptical of social mobility (BBC) - Read More
- SEND funding crisis 'close to risking school safety' (TES) - Read More
- Nearly 10k off-rolled pupils disappear from school system (TES) - Read More
YST News is also available as a monthly newsletter. To make sure you get next month's edition before anyone else you can sign-up to our mailing list below.