YST News - August 2019YST News - August 2019
Our Top Story
New report finds active play helps two to five-year-olds prepare for school - A new initiative from Youth Sport Trust is supporting children to develop a good level of physical literacy, which gives them the foundations and confidence they need for lifelong participation in physical activity.
- Run the London Marathon with #TribeYST - Join #TribeYST to run the iconic London Marathon next April. Apply for a charity place or simply run for Youth Sport Trust if you are lucky enough to secure an official ballot place.
- YST joins #21by21 campaign - The campaign, led by the Sport for Development Coalition and key partners, is aimed at encouraging 21,000 sports coaches and volunteers to become trained in mental health awareness by the year 2021.
- Elite athletes and parents supported with wellbeing through new initiative - A new partnership which sees 11 national governing bodies of sport work with Youth Sport Trust to educate up and coming young athletes in the rigours of performance sport, protecting their mental health and wellbeing.
Upcoming Featured Events
- Secondary CPD events 'Transforming Secondary PE for the Next Generation' - Register for an event
- YST 2020 Annual Conference - 27 February - Register your interest
- Lidl and LGFA backing schools initiative (Sport for Business) - Read More
- Biggest ever FA leadership academy launches (The FA) - Read More
- Children to benefit from mental health support (Rochdale Online) - Read More
Sector Round Up
- Steph Houghton: end period poverty to build young girls' confidence (Independent) - Read More
- Increase in pupils seeking help for exam stress (TES) - Read More
- Cash to close attainment gap until 'at least 2022' (Gov.UK) - Read More
YST News is also available as a monthly newsletter. To make sure you get next month's edition before anyone else you can sign-up to our mailing list below.