YST ConferenceYST 2019 Conference
The Youth Sport Trust 2019 Annual Conference focused on what it meant to transform education and schools through Physical Education, sport and play. Radical, innovative thinking is needed to ensure we educate young people in a sustainable and healthy way. This conference showcased evidence and examples of how schools are doing this. Schools and their leaders from across our membership network of more than 4,000 schools talked through how they are transforming the lives of their students through the strategic and innovative use of PE, sport and physical activity.
- You can read a round up of what happened on the day here
- You can also find out more about our Conference award winners here
There was also a chance to hear from thought-leading experts, industry leaders, educational thinkers and key decision makers as well as keynote speakers including Ofsted Chief Inspector Amanda Spielman.
Theme: The theme of the Youth Sport Trust 2019 Annual Conference was Transforming Education Through Sport. Workshops and speeches throughout the day focused on:
- Transforming PE - Thinking differently about how curriculum PE and extra-curricular activities are delivered and what the outcomes of the subject should be.
- Transforming wellbeing and life chances - Unlocking the potential of sport, PE and physical activity to improve every young person’s wellbeing, cognition and readiness to learn, helping them to succeed in exams and in life.
- Transforming culture - Tackling inequalities and building inclusive cultures by using sport to develop qualities like respect, tolerance, acceptance, resilience and leadership.
This followed on from our 2018 Conference - Sport Changing Lives for Good - more information on which is available here.
Did you know?
A place at the 2020 YST Conference and Awards Dinner is included within the Premium Membership package. For more information about Membership please click here.