We are the international arm of the Youth Sport Trust, a UK based charity devoted to building a brighter future for young people through PE and sport who live in adversity (poverty, disease, conflict and prejudism).
Over the past 20 years the Youth Sport Trust International has inspired young people in over 60 countries across all five continents.
Supported the delivery of International Inspiration, the legacy programme of the London 2012 Olympic and Paralympic Games, which used sport to enrich the lives of over 12 million children in 20 countries. This included:
- Increasing girls’ participation in sport in Egypt
- Engaging street children in Indonesia
Partnered with the British Council to:
- Improve physical education and sport opportunities for young people in Iraq
- Deliver youth sport leadership training in China to cultivate soft and employability skills for better access to higher education
- Provide PE and school sport opportunities for young disabled people and training for teachers in Malaysia
- Develop over 200 school partnerships between the UK and 45 countries around the world to increase physical activity and cultural awareness through the Dreams and Teams programme
Partnered with the United Nations Office on Sport for Development and Peace to facilitate youth leadership camps and empower young people from disadvantaged areas to be involved in grassroots sports
Developed a cascade training model which builds capacity to ensure sustainability in countries
Delivered the Beckwith International Leadership Development (BILD) programme to empower young people in Tanzania and Ghana. Over 10,000 young leaders have been trained and over 600,000 children have taken part in festivals of sport.
The International team at the Youth Sport Trust are skilled PE and sports experts who also have a strong understanding of the adaptability and flexibility required to work in an international context.
The British Council
For further information on our international work please contact: