Timeline of the PremiumYST Timeline of the Premium
Track the history of the Premium since its origins in 2013 as well as a breakdown of the most recent changes, confirmed in October 2018, and how these impact on schools.
PE and Sport Premium Guidance Update - 25 October 2018
The Department for Education has today provided refreshed guidance on the effective and sustainable use of the Primary PE and Sport funding for 2018-2019.
- Change in reporting date (schools must now report on their Primary PE and Sport Premium spend by 31 July 2019)
- Clarification on role of the Primary PE and Sport Premium to support school swimming
- Guidance on capital spend
- Importance of ensuring the funding is utilised in a sustainable manner (review/plan/implement)
- Funding allocation and payment dates.
- March 2013 - Government announces additional funding for primary schools for academic year 2013/14 and 2014/15. The Primary PE and Sport Premium. Its purpose; to improve the provision of PE and sport in Primary Schools
- Autumn 2013 - Government announces additional funding until the end of 2016 academic year
- February 2014 - Government announces commitment to the funding until 2020
- July 2015 - DfE announced that funding levels will remain the same as previous years
- September 2016 - DfE publish grant conditions for 2016/17 funding
- July 2017 - DfE confirmed the funding would be doubled
- October 2017 - DfE published new guidance on the doubled funding
- October 2018 - DfE published updated guidance on the effective and sustainable use of the Primary PE and Sport Premium for 2018/19. This included a change in the reporting date to 31 July 2019, clarification on how the funding can be used to support school swimming, the importance of planning for sustainability and schools payment amounts and dates to schools.
A guide to the ring-fenced funding available for primary schools to improve the quality of the PE and sport activities they offer their children.Continue Reading
About the Premium
Schools must use the funding to make additional and sustainable improvements to the quality of physical education (PE), physical activity and sport they offer.Continue Reading
Evidencing the Impact
To help you to maximise your primary school sport funding, we have put together a comprehensive guide on what to consider before making your investment decisions and details of how the Youth Sport Trust can support you.Continue Reading
YST Premium Toolkit
A series of detailed documents and videos supporting schools to sustain the impact of the Primary PE and Sport Premium.Continue Reading
All the latest news from the Youth Sport Trust on what's happening with the Primary PE and Sport Premium funding.Continue Reading
How to spend your Premium
Find out more about the best ways to spend your Premium, more information about what should be avoided, and how we can provide the tools and training to support you.Continue Reading