The Youth Sport Trust Team Leader programme has been running for over 10 years and provides students with great exposure to the world of sport development whilst helping them to progress and improve both personally and professionally.
Over the duration of the programme, every team leader will always take on the responsibility of leading a group of young people, facilitating and delivering workshops, guiding and supporting groups in sessions delivered by National Governing Bodies Youth Sport Trust staff and national consultants as well as providing an inclusive and motivating environment in which the exceptional young people attending our camps can thrive in.
Our events involve disabled and non-disabled leaders, promising young coaches, talented athletes and young sports volunteers.
Through this role, there are opportunities to:
- Mentor young people - support young people in their own development and maximising the opportunities presented to them
- Lead and manage teams - full of enthusiastic young people, volunteers
- Improve communication skills - with people of all ages and abilities
- Network and work in a team environment - Working with Youth Sport Trust staff, welfare teams, inclusion teams, NGB’s, Athlete Role Models, other Team Leaders and a whole host of other organisations involved with sport development in the UK and abroad.
- Improve decision making and problem solving skills – team leaders are given training to take on large responsibility for high quality running of events.
- Practice facilitation and public speaking – Alongside a number of events where Team Leaders take on a delivery role, they are also provided training to effectively facilitate sessions to groups of peers and young people
For further information, please contact:
Programme Officer - Leadership, Coaching and Volunteering