Teach Active is the active learning partner of the Youth Sport Trust.
The highly acclaimed and multi-award-winning online resource is used by schools across the UK and internationally, raising attainment in Maths and English whilst also increasing levels of physical activity within the school day.
Tailored to the national curriculum, the Teach Active lesson plans are perfect for all stages of primary school learning*, from foundation stage to KS1 and KS2.
*Teach Active also support secondary schools, special schools and PRUs
Interested in Teach Active? Why not try it for free and sample a number of lesson plans. Click here to find out more.
What is Teach Active?
Teach Active (www.teachactive.org) is an online resource which provides schools and teachers with lesson plans and resources on how to deliver the Maths and English curriculum through physical activity.
The resource is used by thousands of teachers and pupils on a weekly basis. It includes:
- 2000 Maths lesson plans and resources
- 1500 English lesson plans and resources
- 280 Active Maths homework activities
- Mapped to the National Curriculum
- Covering every objective from foundation stage to year 6
- Covering key reading and writing objectives
- Teach Primary Best Maths Resource Award Winner 2019
- Included in the Parliamentary Review as leading practice within education
- Supporting a Mastery approach
- Independently proven to raise attitudes and attainment
- Praised by school leaders, advisors, teachers, parents and children
- Independently submitted to DfE as an example of good use of PE and Sport funding.
The award winning Teach Active product qualifies for and supports the following:
- PE and Sport Funding
- The Recovery Curriculum
- Catch Up Funding
Not only will it impact on your data, your standards, your outcomes – but you will also see a renewed vigour, enthusiasm and enjoyment across both pupils and staff.
Nicola Booth, Headteacher, Gwladys Street Primary and Nursery School, Liverpool
Through their innovative approach, Teach Active allow teachers and leaders to put activity as the driving force behind the learning of Maths and English. We are proud to endorse, proud to champion and we continue to be proud to work with the Teach Active team.
Ali Oliver, CEO - Youth Sport Trust