This visit could include:
- Understanding the schools talent pool
- Understanding the challenges young people face in their sport and in school
- Recognising, guiding, supporting and inspiring your talented students
- Working with parents
- Bespoke solutions to support your students.
- PE department
- Senior leader responsible for PE
- Head of year or appropriate colleague with pastoral responsibility for students
- Gifted and talented coordinator.
This visit is appropriate for supporting students performing at county level or higher. The visit content will be tailored to meet the needs of your students and could be personalised to discuss how your school can maximise access to the Junior Athlete Education* programme to further support your talented students.
Prior to the visit, schools should be able to refer to their current gifted and talented policy, and any existing young athlete support programme.
Following this visit you will be signposted to a Gifted and Talented MOT exercise and information on the Junior Athlete Education programme and Performance Parent e-booklet (available to purchase through Youth Sport Direct).
*The Youth Sport Trust Junior Athlete Education programme, (available at an additional cost) will provide your athletes with an ‘off the shelf’ year round support programme that will comprise some or all of the following elements:
Workshops - delivered by highly trained Junior Athlete Education tutors and experienced athletes.
Performance Parent Workshops - designed to help parents understand the world of performance sport and how to support their son or daughter.
Bespoke Resources and Work Books - innovative resources for both parents and athletes which can be read away from the classroom environment.