In response to a challenging landscape the YST conducted a short survey with PE teachers (secondary schools) to gather insight into their concerns, worries and thoughts on their current PE Curriculum offer. Download our report and special supplement from the right hand side of this page.
See the recent media coverage we have had regarding this issue and specifically from presenting the findings of our PE provision in secondary schools.
- Original press release - 'Research finds whistle being blown on secondary PE'
- Tes article - 'PE 'spiralling downward' as quarter of secondaries cut classes'
- Daily Telegraph article - 'Schools scrap PE time because of exam pressure'
- BBC Radio 5 Live piece featuring Ali Oliver (skip to around 9 minutes in)
- Anna Kessel in the Guardian
- Education Exec
- Radio Wiltshire
- Radio Devon
- Ali Oliver blog - 'Let's make history and bring about a PE evolution'
- Will Swaithes blog - 'Secondary PE - time to step up and be counted?'
- Twitter statistic infographic
Download the resources: