Participating schools in the Youth Sport Trust Girls Active programme were sent an online pre-intervention questionnaire designed to provide school-level insight into the motivations, barriers and current levels of physical activity of girls in their school. Sixty seven schools undertook the pre-intervention questionnaire and in total over 10,000 girls completed it.
The survey is compiled under the following headings:
- overall attitudes to PE, physical activity and learning at school
- taking part in physical activity
- motivators for taking part
- barriers to taking part
- attitudes towards PE and physical activity
- behaviours linked to confidence and wellbeing.