This recently updated easy to use online tool will support you to:
- Reflect on all aspects of your offer encouraging a thorough reflection of practice
- Highlight the strength of PE in the school
- Help identify and prioritise further developments.
The tool comprises a series of straightforward benchmarking statements, where you can select your level of provision as: bronze, bronze/silver, silver, silver/gold or gold.
Statements cover the following:
- Section One: Overall – vision, leadership and management
- Section Two: High quality Physical Education
- Section Three: High quality school sport
- Section Four: High quality physical activity
- Section Five: Using high quality PE, school sport and physical activity to drive whole school improvement
To get started go to - https://ystqualitymark.org/ (save this address so you can go straight there next time)
- From the Home page, click on ‘Sign up’ in the blue box in the top right corner. Enter your details, select your school, create a password and click register at the bottom of the box. You will then be taken straight to the quality mark.
- Having signed up, next time you visit the Quality Mark web site you ‘Login’ using the email address and password you created when signing up.
- Top tips for completing the Quality Mark include:
- Complete one section at a time.
- Read the guidance for a statement and trust your instinct when selecting your level of provision.
- You should be able to meet all the points in the guidance – if not select bronze/silver or silver/gold.
- If your school intake differs from a full primary or secondary intake, eg you are an infant school, review each statement in relation to your school’s intake only, some of the guidance may not be age appropriate for your school. Recognise what you are achieving that is appropriate for the age range of your pupils.
- Reflect and challenge yourself and others on the level of provision, can you moderate with others in the department or the headteacher?
- What evidence do you have? What is the impact of this evidence?
- On submission, reflect on what is working/not working – what is achievable short/medium/long term? Set a few achievable targets and action achieving these.
Additional Quality Mark FAQ’s can be found here.
Being assessed by Youth Sport Trust was a really positive experience both for myself and for the school. It gave me a chance to consolidate all the amazing work our school does from Nursery to Year 6 and show someone what a fantastic job we are all doing! It gave the children, through pupil voice, a chance to explain to an outsider what goes on at our school and celebrate our achievements. When I identified our areas for improvement, Rachel - our local YST Development Manager, gave me very useful advice which she had seen work at other schools and that I will definitely act on. This has positively impacted on how I will spend the extra amount of the PE and Sports Premium. I am so proud to have achieved the Gold Youth Sports Trust Quality Mark and I would definitely recommend it as it is a fantastic recognition for all the hard work and achievements done by staff and pupils.
Alex Reddish, PE and MFL Subject Leader
Pudsey Bolton Royd Primary School, Leeds