This recently updated and easy to use online tool will support you to:
- Reflect on all aspects of your offer, encouraging a thorough analysis of practice
- Highlight the strength of PE in the school
- Help identify and prioritise further developments.
Top tips for getting started with the Quality Mark include:
- Complete one section at a time.
- Read the guidance for a statement and trust your instinct when selecting your level of provision.
- You should be able to meet all the points in the guidance – if not select bronze/silver or silver/gold.
- If your school intake differs from a full primary or secondary intake, eg you are an infant school, review each statement in relation to your intake only, some of the guidance may not be age appropriate for your school. Recognise what you are achieving that is appropriate for the age range of your pupils.
- Reflect and challenge yourself and others on the level of provision, can you moderate with others in the department or the headteacher?
- What evidence do you have? What is the impact of this evidence?
- On submission, reflect on what is working/not working – what is achievable short/medium/long-term? Set a few achievable targets and action achieving these.
Additional Quality Mark FAQs can be found here.
A dedicated Youth Sport Trust Quality Mark platform that includes a series of straightforward benchmarking statements, where you can select your level of provision as: bronze, bronze/silver, silver, silver/gold or gold.
Statements cover the following:
- Overall – vision, leadership and management
- High quality Physical Education
- High quality school sport
- High quality physical activity
- Using high quality PE, school sport and physical activity to drive whole-school improvement
Your progress over time is represented graphically to show the results of your Quality Mark. On submission of a completed Quality Mark schools get access through the Quality Mark platform to a digital celebration pack containing:
- A downloadable personalised certificate
- A downloadable high-resolution logo to use on their school website, letterheads or print out and display
- In addition, Gold Quality Mark schools will receive a framed personalised gold quality mark certificate through the post to display proudly at their school.
Schools will also be able to select suggested developments or identify their own to create a personalised action plan to further develop and embed their provision.
How do I access?
The link to the YST Quality Mark page is https://ystqualitymark.org/ (save this address so you can go straight there next time). From the Home page, click on ‘Sign up’ in the blue box in the top right corner. Enter your details, select your school, create a password and click register at the bottom of the box. You will then be taken straight to the quality mark.
Having signed up, next time you visit the Quality Mark website you log in using the email address and password you created when signing up.
"Being assessed by Youth Sport Trust was a really positive experience both for myself and for the school. It gave me a chance to consolidate all the amazing work our school does from Nursery to Year 6 and show someone what a fantastic job we are all doing! It gave the children, through pupil voice, a chance to explain to an outsider what goes on at our school and celebrate our achievements. When I identified our areas for improvement, Rachel - our local YST Development Manager, gave me very useful advice which she had seen work at other schools and that I will definitely act on. This has positively impacted on how I will spend the extra amount of the PE and Sports Premium. I am so proud to have achieved the Gold Youth Sports Trust Quality Mark and I would definitely recommend it as it is a fantastic recognition for all the hard work and achievements done by staff and pupils."
Alex Reddish, PE and MFL Subject Leader
Pudsey Bolton Royd Primary School, Leeds