The Power of an Active School is a half day CPD session that will support schools to increase physical activity throughout the school day to boost health and academic achievement for their students.
- meet the requirements of the government’s new childhood obesity plan
- develop understanding of the evidence and research underpinning active approaches in schools
- boost wellbeing, behaviour and attendance by building physical activity into the whole school day
- introduce physical activity into the classroom to raise concentration and application levels
This is the third event in our very popular 'The Power of...' CPD series. These have been so successful that we're extending the Power of an Active School to primary schools too, with separate events specifically for them.
Book your place
|10 Jul 2017
|KITE Centre, Penzance, Cornwall||Primary||Book now|
More dates will be added when they become available.
If you are part of a primary cluster, please contact your cluster co-ordinator to find your nearest seminar. All other primary members please contact the Membership team.
If you are from a special school then we can accommodate you too, please contact the Membership team to discuss your requirements.
How much does the Power of an Active School cost?
Level 2 and 3 members receive free place(s) at the seminar, so why not become a member?
- Non-member schools: £150 per place, including Level 1 membership for your school for 2016/17
- Level 1 members: £75 per place
- Level 2 members: First place included in your membership, £35 per additional place
- Level 3 members: First and second place included in your membership, £35 per additional place.
If you would like to run a closed course then the price would be:
- 1 hour session: Members £200 Non-members £250
- 2 hour session: Members £350 Non-members £400
- 3 hour session: Members £450 Non-members £600
Interested in hosting an event at your school?
If you're interested in hosting an event, we'd love to hear from you. Please contact our Membership team by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or calling 01509 226688.