Personal Development ToolkitYST Personal Development Toolkit
The YST Personal Development Toolkit is currently only available to YST Plus and Premium members. If you are a Subscription, Subscription Plus or Core member you can upgrade by contacting us, or if you are not a member then you can sign up here.
- For learners: 12 colourful A2 posters that help learners to understand what personal development means and why it is relevant to their lives – now and in future (the Personal Development Posters).
- For staff: A colourful A2 poster that acts as an advocacy tool to summarise the toolkit, complement the young people posters and show all school staff how personal development relates to learners’ lives.
12 A4 cards, structured around the Ofsted 3 I’s, that support staff to adopt a whole-school approach to personal development (drawing on approaches developed through PE, sport and physical activity):
- Intent – four cards: sharing a vision for personal development outcomes.
- Implementation – four cards: sharing strategies to enable learners’ personal development.
- Implementation/impact – four cards: sharing ideas to provide personal development opportunities and to evidence their impact.
Provide common, clear, practical and meaningful learner-centred outcomes for staff and learners – what learners will ‘say and do’ on their personal development journeys. Reinforce the relevance of learning to children and young people by relating it to their home, school, community and work lives. Share effective strategies to enable learners’ personal development – across the whole school, offer examples to stimulate ideas and demonstrate the power of PE, sport and physical activity to enable personal development and recognise the value of other curriculum areas. Highlight opportunities to recognise, reward and evidence learners’ personal development.