Personal Development ToolkitYST Personal Development Toolkit
- Provide common, clear, practical and meaningful learner-centered outcomes for staff and learners – what learners will ‘say and do’ on their personal development journeys
- Reinforce the relevance of learning to children and young people by relating it to their home, school, community and work lives
- Provide effective strategies to enable learners’ personal development across the whole school
- Offer examples to stimulate ideas and demonstrate the power of PE, sport and physical activity to enable personal development while also recognising the value of other curriculum areas
- Highlight opportunities to recognise, reward and evidence learners’ personal development.
A hard copy resource folder containing the following:
For learners: 12 colourful A2 posters that help learners to understand what personal development means and why it is relevant to their lives now and in future (the Personal Development Posters).
For staff: A colourful A2 poster that acts as an advocacy tool to summarise the toolkit, complement the young people posters and show all school staff how personal development relates to learners’ lives.
12 A4 cards, structured around the Ofsted 3 I’s, that support staff to adopt a whole-school approach to personal development (drawing on approaches developed through PE, sport and physical activity):
- Intent (four cards) sharing a vision for personal development outcomes.
- Implementation (four cards) sharing strategies to enable learners’ personal development.
- Implementation/impact (four cards) sharing ideas to provide personal development opportunities and evidence their impact.
How do I access?
Personal development toolkits will be posted to schools together with the other hard copy resources included at your level of membership on receipt of a paid membership invoice. Look out for a YST-branded package through the post.