We are recruiting committed, passionate teachers of secondary PE who are able to advocate the impact of physical education on young people. We are primarily looking for innovative PE practitioners keen to share good practice that they use every day in their secondary core PE classes. We want to recruit an army of PE CatalYSTs who will work with us to raise the profile of our subject across their local area.
Click here to take a look at where PE CatalYSTs are located across the country.
Power of PE Survey
What is the current position of PE in your school? The Youth Sport Trust would like to understand more about the state of Physical Education in schools to support our ability to influence and drive change on your behalf. To help us, follow this link to a quick and easy survey to tell us about the current position of PE in your school. If you have/are attending one of the many PE Teach Meets nationwide you will hopefully recognise this questionnaire which was intended to generate conversation during the arrival activity. Thanks very much for your support.
Why are PE CatalYSTs needed?
- To refocus attention and energy back to core PE and the impact it can have on young people
- To turn the tide against the marginalisation of the subject, and the pressures and restrictions placed upon it by recent educational reforms
- Prepare the PE workforce for the increased standards in young people entering secondary school from primary.
Unfortunately there is no funding attached to this role, however, a PE CatalYST will receive professional development to support them in this role via two development days per academic year, as well as positioning themselves, their department and school on a local, regional and national footing. The role is initially for one year, in the first instance, however we are keen as an organisation to continue to grow and build the team of PE CatalYSTs beyond that.
The opportunity to become a PE CatalYST is only available to teachers at schools that are members of the Youth Sport Trust. To apply to become a PE CatalYST please complete this expression of interest form.
Free summer term regional development and networking events:
- 7 June, Northampton with Joe Rich, Caroline Chisholm School, NN4 6TP Book now
- 14 June, Peterborough with Vickie Bracken, Jack Hunt School, PE3 9PN Book now
- 22 June, Liverpool with Symon Stanley, Clare Mount Specialist Sports College, CH46 9PA Book now
- 28 June, Middlesbrough with Lee Richardson, Macmillan Academy, TS5 4AG Book now
- 6 July, Guildford with Josh Clayman and Matt Bowler, George Abbot School, GU1 1XX Book now
- 19 September, Cornwall with Kate Blackburn, Penryn College, TR10 8PZ Book now
For further information, please contact:
Head of Physical Education and Achievement