Our Strategy - 2013-2018YST Our Strategy: Sport Changes Lives
In 2013, under our previous strategy, we set out a plan to change the lives of more than 3.5 million children. We said we would work to give every child a sporting start, provide a sporting chance to young people with special educational needs and disabilities and support young people to achieve their sporting best. We promised to give 1 million primary and 2.5 million secondary-aged students the opportunity to participate in sport and physical activity while transforming perception and practice of disability in PE and sport among 250,000 young leaders, volunteers and teachers.
What we achieved:
- 4.7 million children we've helped to participate in sport and physical activity
- 1.8 million primary-aged children
- 2.9 million secondary-aged children
- 210,000 young people and adults trained in inclusive practice
- 99,000 teachers supported with continuous professional development by YST
- 43 National Governing Bodies of Sport worked with
- 70 funding partners we've delivered with including government departments, local authorities, sport bodies and businesses.
Click here to view our current strategy.