Our Strategy - 2013-2018YST Our Strategy: Sport Changes Lives
What we aimed to achieve:
In 2013, under our previous strategy, we set out a plan to change the lives of more than 3.5 million children. We said that we would work to give every child a sporting start, provide a sporting chance to young people with special educational needs and disabilities and support young people to achieve their sporting best.
We promised to give 1 million primary and 2.5 million secondary-aged students the opportunity to participate in sport and physical activity whilst transforming the perception and practice of disability in PE and sport among 250,000 young leaders, volunteers and teachers.
What we actually achieved:
- 4.7 million - children we've helped to participate in sport and physical activity
- 1.8 million - primary-aged children
- 2.9 million - secondary-aged children
- 210,000 - young people and adults trained in inclusive practice
- 99,000 - teachers supported with continuous professional development by YST
- 43 - National Governing Bodies of Sport worked with
- 70 - funding partners we've delivered with including government departments, local authorities, sport bodies and businesses.
Click here to view our current strategy.