Hanban and the British Council want to encourage the teaching and learning of Mandarin in UK schools and establish and support school partnerships between the UK and China.
Hanban are offering a week's trip for UK head teachers to enhance their professional development, inspire their school to learn Mandarin and start up a Chinese school link.
Up to 80 places are available, hosted in the following areas:
- Tianjin Municipality
- Jiang Su Province
- Si Chuan Province
- Hu Nan Province
Taking part in this trip will allow you to:
- link up and communicate with a school in China before the trip
- increase your networks and invest in your own professional development
- encourage the teaching and learning of Mandarin and Chinese culture at your school
- gain support from Hanban and the British Council in developing and sustaining a Chinese school link.
Successful applicants will also be invited to take part in a pre-departure briefing by Hanban and the British Council.
What are the costs?
Accommodation and expenses in China will be covered by Hanban but schools must pay for their own flights.
Who can apply?
- Head teachers or deputy head teachers
- Head of languages
- Officer from a local authority
- Other positions will be considered on a case-by-case basis
How to apply?
If you are a Youth Sport Trust Member school, please respond to Nicole Bayliss, Youth Sport Trust International on 01509 226667 or Nicole.Bayliss@youthsporttrust.org who can direct you to the online application form.
Applications are due to close by Friday 4 July 2014.
Visits are due to take place from 26 October - 2 November 2014.