Nominations are open for the annual Lycamobile British Ethnic Diversity Sports Awards (BEDSAs), which will be hosted by Sir Lenny Henry on 18 March 2017 at the Hilton Park Lane, London.
The awards, which are now in its third year, are organised by Sporting Equals, an organisation that promotes ethnic diversity in sport and were established to celebrate sporting excellence within black, minority and ethnic communities.
For the second year, the Youth Sport Trust is sponsoring the Young Person of the Year Award, which recognises significant progress and considerable achievements made by a young person over the past 12 months in their chosen sport. Last year the accolade was awarded to Easah Suliman, Aston Villa and England under-17 defender who became the first footballer of Pakistani heritage to captain an England team.
Youth Sport Trust Ambassador and former sprint champion, Jason Gardener is on the judging panel and will present the winner with their award at the star glittered event in March.
Click here to nominate a young person for the Youth Sport Trust’s Young Person of the Year Award or any of the other awards. For latest news on the upcoming awards follow @BEDSAofficial and #BEDSA2017.
Other award categories include:
- The Lycamobile Sportsman of the Year Award
- Sportswoman of the Year Award
- The Sport England Community Sports Project of the Year Award
- The UK Sport Inspirational Performance of the Year Award
- The Coach of the year Award
- The Army Unsung Hero Award
- The Tennis Foundation Special Recognition Award
- The Lifetime Achievement Award