The winners of the prestigious Youth Sport Trust Innovation Awards have been announced at a glittering ceremony at the Telford International Centre.
The awards, presented on Wednesday, 4 February at the Youth Sport Trust 2015 Conference, recognise and reward best practice and achievements through PE and sport by schools, colleges and young people.
The ten winners are:
- Outstanding Primary PE, sponsored by Skills2Achieve:St Bernadette's Catholic Primary School (Hertfordshire)
- Outstanding Secondary PE, sponsored by Synthetic Turf Management:Oakwood Academy (Salford)
- Health and Wellbeing, sponsored by Maths of the Day:Northdown Primary School (Kent)
- Sport, sponsored by PB Sport:King Alfred's Academy (Oxfordshire)
- Special Educational Needs and Disability (SEND), sponsored by Youth Sport Direct:Redwood School, (Rochdale)
- Closing The Gap, sponsored by PGL:Jack Hunt School (Peterborough)
- Leadership and Employability:Joseph Whitaker School (Nottinghamshire)
- National Governing Bodies, sponsored by Youth Sport Trust:Amateur Swimming Association
- Outstanding Young Person Award (Primary) , sponsored by Youth Sport Trust Youth Board:Joseph Clayton from Winteringham Primary School (North East Lincolnshire)
- Outstanding Young Person Award (Secondary) , sponsored by Youth Sport Trust Youth Board:Holly Clack From Kind Alfred's Academy (Oxfordshire)
Youth Sport Trust Director of Policy and Communications Phil Chamberlain said: "We sincerely congratulate each individual, school and organisation on winning a Youth Sport Trust Innovation Award."
"It is fantastic to hear how each award winner has demonstrated such commitment to high quality PE and school sport.
"They are worthy winners of these special awards and truly embody the Youth Sport Trust values of wellbeing, leadership and achievement."