National Governing Bodies
At the Youth Sport Trust, we are proud of the continued partnerships we have developed with National Governing Bodies (NGBs) for more than 20 years. We have developed opportunities across areas such as inclusive sports, competition formats, alternative sports, young leaders and officials and after-school clubs
We are proud to have partnered a number of NGBs on specific projects and commissioned work including:
- Education partner for Rugby World Cup 2015, and supporter of the RFU Young Rugby Ambassador programme
- Web development partner on Team Up with England Netball, England Hockey and ECB
- Manufacture and supply partner to England Hockey on Quicksticks and In2Hockey resources and equipment since 2010, helping build awareness of the programme nationwide
- Consultant on Chance to Shine's Primary Schools Play programme
- Supplier of official balls to Boccia England, commissioned to develop their skills award, and co-develop an official school boccia pack
- Commissioned by the FA to develop their Talent Portal to support the education of young athletes, coaches, officials and parents, as well as the delivery partner on projects such as Game of our Own, Football Youth Sport Award, Active Literacy and Athlete Mentor training resources
- Development partner for British Cycling on their new Go Ride Go resources
- Development and delivery partner for Beyond the Baseline with the Tennis Foundation
- Consultancy on junior development programmes for the Golf Foundation
We have recently launched an NGB Membership programme, bringing together NGBs with the trust to share knowledge, insight and understanding. With representatives from nearly 30 sporting bodies, the membership allows us to speak with a common voice, bringing greater clarity, resonance and impact to our shared ideas and opinions, increasing our collective influence across the landscape.
The membership runs annually 1 April-31 March and costs just £250+VAT per annum on a not-for-profit basis. The benefits include:
- Access and guidance to the YST Member logo for use on your website and materials;
- An invitation for your CEO to attend each of the bi-annual policy and strategy events;
- Opportunity to participate in three NGB/YST Development Groups, at least twice a year;
- An e-newsletter sent once a term with information, updates and opinion pieces from YST;
- Access to discounted exhibitor rates at the YST Annual Conference;
- Opportunity to submit news stories, social media and blog content for the YST website and social media channels;
- Access to additional paid services.
To find out more, please call 01509 226600.