Why My PB?
To ensure that the personal development of the whole child is achieved, My Personal Best ensures that schools are able to teach skills through PE that children can transfer into other lessons, to life in school and to their wider environment.
Through My PB Primary, children aged 4-11 will:
- Develop and apply life skills that will support them to flourish in PE, school and life
- Improve health and wellbeing and personal skills
- Grow understanding of working with others (social skills)
- Create opportunities, overcome challenges and make choices (thinking skills)
- Increase their potential achievement and readiness for life.
We decided to introduce the My Personal Best programme to the whole school as we were keen to embed the teaching of the life skills through PE and other subjects. We have found that it has already had a positive effect on their vocabulary, they are getting more daily exercise and any behaviour issues have also greatly improved.
St Finbar’s Catholic Primary School in Toxteth, Mrs Janet Conley, Headteacher
What is My PB?
Structured around the key themes of Thinking Me, Social Me and Healthy Me, My PB supports teachers in planning how to effectively deliver teaching and learning opportunities linked to personal outcomes.
The resource includes:
- 16 teacher and learner cards for ages 4-7
- 27 teacher and learner cards for ages 7-11.
Bringing the My PB resource to life
To best support effective implementation for whole school impact, we offer a range of CPD options which can be tailored to the needs of
your school or cluster. My Personal Best Primary is also available as an embedded planning and assessment resource through Complete PE, to support high quality teaching and learning across the PE curriculum.
For more info, visit: www.youthsporttrust.org/CompletePE