Maths of the Day in an innovative and creative online resource providing over 850 lesson plans for 'Active Maths'.
- MOTD uses PE as a vehicle for learning in maths
- Aimed at primary aged children
- Linked to the New Curriculum for maths
- Focussed around number work
- Simple and quick - access on 4 or 5 clicks of a button
- Written by teachers for teachers.
What are the benefits of Maths of the Day?
- Engaged pupils
- Excited pupils
- Helps children retain information better
- Appeals to all ages: boys and girls
- Exercises the mind and the body
- Increases attainment and achievement
- Children love it!
How does Maths of the Day qualify under the PE and Sports Premium funding to primary schools?
The funding aims to improve the PE curriculum, promote healthy and active lifestyles, improve competitive school sport and increase cross curricular learning. MOTD compliments these aims and also supports the physical literacy framework in that pupils learn physical, social and thinking skills through a range of activities.