In 2015 the London Headteachers Alliance for PE, school sport and physical activity in association with the Youth Sport Trust was launched. Its members currently represent 17 London boroughs.
The Alliance aims to influence, advocate and champion to ensure:
More time for high quality PE: All young Londoners are physically literate, can move competently and confidently and leave education with a lifelong skill
Health and wellbeing
Physical activity opportunities embedded into every school day: Every London child has the opportunity to live a healthy, active lifestyle, supporting physical, mental and emotional wellbeing
World class sport
Sustained competitive sport in schools: Sport remains at the heart of a young Londoners and is used as a tool to improve life chances
Leadership as a vehicle for change: PE, school sport and physical activity raises aspirations and outcomes for young Londoners and school leaders
The benefits of becoming an Alliance member are:
- Access to first-hand knowledge and up to date policy decisions on PE, School Sport and Physical Activity
- Links to funding opportunities driven in partnership with the Youth Sport Trust
- Access to funded programmes and new innovative interventions to support whole school outcomes
- Opportunity to share best practice across the group
- Be part of formal consultation exercises with key stakeholders shaping future initiative and partnerships
- Be part of a national network of Headteacher Ambassadors creating a movement to support positive change in education
Our Alliance members also act as Youth Sport Trust Headteacher Ambassadors, joining a network of over 100 like minded colleagues that believe in the power of PE, school sport and physical activity to change young people’s lives. Click here to find out more about our Headteacher Ambassador network.
Our original strategy from which the Alliance was formed and grown can be found here.
Our membership list can be found here.
We are currently seeking new members from across London and in particular our non represented boroughs who share our vision and want to support our role in influencing, advocating and championing this fast becoming under represented subject. If you are interested in finding out more email email@example.com