What is a PE CatalYST?
Our dynamic network of PE CatalYSTs are working with us to lead the future direction of our subject by:
- Championing within your own context, the value and purpose of PE, sport and physical activity against whole school agendas
- Advocating the impact of our work on schools and young people’s wellbeing, leadership and achievement;
- Influencing colleagues, senior leaders and key strategies at local and national levels by sharing best practice, advising and testing solutions
This work all contributes to a raised profile of Physical Education within schools. This is in-line with all of our networks, including YST Ambassador Head Teachers, Lead Schools and Well Schools.
Roles and Responsibilities of a PE CatalYST?
- Influence and engage others (PE practitioners/SLT) locally/regionally to include showcasing YST work – Including contributions to a YST networking event
- Regular communication with your regional YST Development Manager or National lead.
- Provide a voice for the profession on a national scale (to influence politicians & policy) across a number of platforms via engagement within our YST Research Community; such as completing case studies, surveys, student voice activities and consultation events
- Commitment to lead/facilitate discussions for other YST member schools / relevant practitioners
- Engagement with YST programmes/products, and a willingness to test/pilot new projects and resources
- Develop PE practice to improve the experience for young people in your school and by sharing your ideas help other schools/academies benefit.
In order to be a PE CatalYST you must be part of a YST member school, for more information regarding YST membership, please click here or contact your regional Development Manager.
Unfortunately, there is no funding attached to this role, however, a PE CatalYST will receive professional development to support them in this role via development days and on-going communications. This is also an opportunity to profile yourself, your department and your school on a local, regional and national footing. The role will be reviewed each year based on level of engagement as we are really looking for active members to support in advocating our message and share what is working in schools.