Funding for Schools:
- The Stable Company
- Primary PE & Sport Premium
- Guidance on maximising the use of the PE & Sport Premium
Funding for Individuals:
- National Governing Bodies of Sport (NGBs): Some offer small grants for young sports people. Find the NGB for your sport here.
- Sports Aid Foundation
- Active Partnerships: Some Active Partnerships allocate small grants for talented sports people. Find your local Active Partnership here.
Funding for Coaches:
Funding for community groups:
- Active Partnerships - some partnerships provide grants or funding advice for community groups. Find your local Active Partnership here.
- Funding Central - this is a free resource for charities, voluntary organisations and social enterprises. It lists thousands of funding and finance opportunities, plus a wealth of tools and information to support and develop a sustainable income strategy. Find out more here.
- The National Lottery Community Fund - responsible for distributing money raised for good causes by the National Lottery. This totals around £6 billion since 2004. Find out more here.
- The People’s Postcode Lottery - offers funding of between £500 and £250,000 for good causes in England, Scotland and Wales. Find out more here.
- Comic Relief - funds work that aims to achieve at least one of its five themes – better futures, healthier finances, safer lives, stronger communities, fairer society. Find out more here.
- UKCF - this is the umbrella organisation for all community foundations, providing philanthropic advice to clients and delivering UK-wide grant-making programmes. Find out more here.
- Major banks - all have charitable foundations that fund local and national charities. One example is the LloydsTSB Foundation, which supports organisations that are working to tackle disadvantage across England and Wales. Find out more here.
- Crowdfunding - a system in which an organisation makes a pitch and, hopefully, people become interested and enthused enough to make a financial pledge but this is only redeemed if the total is achieved. It probably works best for fairly small (capital) projects eg up to £25,000. Find out more here.
- Sport England - have a main funding page with details of their specific funds and processes. Find out more here. They also have an extensive page on other ways to generate funding.
- Street Games - have an extensive guidance on sources of grants and support with fundraising. Find out more here.
Team YST is battling for young people’s physical, social and emotional wellbeing. We need YOUR help to build brighter futures for young people. Become a Changemaker today and join #TeamYST in our fundraising mission.