The My Personal Best life skills are grouped into three areas: Healthy Me, Social Me and Thinking Me.
Being part of this project gives you access to three sets of resources:
Please note that the Makaton resources are to be used alongside either the My PB Primary or Secondary resources, dependent on your setting and needs of your pupils.
Supports pupils to develop the personal traits that underpin good health and wellbeing and their personal achievement.
Supports pupils to develop the traits that help them to understand others and work well with other people.
Supports pupils to develop the cognitive and creative traits that enable them to create opportunities, overcome challenges and make choices.
My Personal Best Resources for Pupil Referral Units and Alternative Provision
Through this project, you will support young people to:
- develop and apply life skills that will support them to flourish in PE, school and life
- have improved health and wellbeing and personal skills
- be better at understanding and working with others (social skills)
- be able to create opportunities, overcome challenges and make choices (thinking skills)
- increase their potential achievement and readiness for life.
Please download the teacher resources from the right-hand side.
My PB online training module
- Part 1: Why? The importance of developing learners' life skills
- Part 2: Why? Life skills outcomes for learning - in PE, school and life
- Part 3: How? An explicit life skills approach to teaching and learning
- Part 4: What? Considering how to embed My Personal Best in practice