We ask them to:
Champion the importance of physical education, physical activity and sport
Advocate, locally and nationally, with school leaders and policy makers, for the impact that high quality PE and sport can have on young people and whole school outcomes
Advise the Youth Sport Trust on the challenges facing schools and to help us ensure that our work remains at the cutting edge.
To support this mission, we provide:
- Regular contact with a Regional Development Manager - the first point of contact for local and regional advocacy work
- Half termly emails containing national policy updates, opportunities to contribute to the education and sport debate and a ‘call to action’ - a specific role we would like you to carry out as part of a co-ordinated network of influential school leaders
- A toolkit to enable them to carry out our calls to action - powerpoint presentations, key documents and publications, letter templates and contact lists
- Termly virtual, regional and national networking and professional development events - an opportunity to hear from senior Youth Sport Trust staff, from key education, health and sport stakeholders and policy makers and, most importantly to meet with like-minded colleagues.
We hope that being a part of the Headteacher Ambassador Network will be of value to you and your school. You can:
- Access national policy makers and stakeholders to give you the most accurate and up to date information about key issues within education
- Get early access to any of our new programmes and interventions and the chance to be involved in new funding opportunities
- Access 'money can’t buy’ professional development opportunities for you and your staff through our links with corporate partners and our YST Business Members.
- Benefit from the mutual support of school leaders with a wealth of collective expertise and experience, with both formal and informal opportunities to benefit from this network.
If you are interested in joining the network, or know of a colleague who may be interested, please contact: