Government and NGB GuidanceYST Government and NGB Guidance
New National Restrictions from 05 November 2020
- Department for Education (DfE) released the following guidance.
- The Youth Sport Trust issued this response.
- On 06 November, the following clarification was issued.
- With a further updated on 10 November, which can be seen here.
Below, we have outlined the statutory guidance from the Government and from our partners at the Association of Physical Education (AfPE) and ukactive.
Department for Education (DfE) have released:
- Guidance for the full opening of Schools. Within the guidance there is a specific section focusing on Physical Activity.
- Guidance on supporting children and young people with SEND.
- Guidance for parents and carers on their children attending out of school hours provision.
- Guidance on protective measures for holiday or after-school clubs and other out-of-school settings for children.
The following guidance has also been issued:
- Department for Culture, Media and Sport (DCMS) - guidance for the public, providers of outdoor sport facilities, elite athletes, personal trainers and coaches on the phased return of sport and recreation.
- Return to recreational team sport framework
- Scottish Government
- Northern Ireland Government
- Association for Physical Education (AfPE) - a practical self-review tool for COVID-19 risk assessment. Managing risk, maximising opportunity.
- ukactive - advice and guidance for children's activity providers on safe practice and delivery during restrictions caused by COVID-19.
NGB information for schools and Return to Play frameworks
In England: Most NGBs have released ‘road map’ style guidance for the return of their sport. See some examples below.
- Badminton England - Racket Pack social distancing resource (Primary), Return to Play schools guidance (secondary)
- British Cycling – The Way Forward
- British Gymnastics – Step Forward plan
- England Hockey - Return to play
- England Netball - Return of community netball roadmap
- England Rugby - 'Return to rugby road map - community game', Return to Rugby Kitbag
- Swim England - Returning to Pools
In Wales: Examples of what NGBs in Wales are doing in response to COVID-19 can be found by clicking here.
In Scotland: A list of sport specific guidance can be found here.
For Northern Ireland, please refer to the relevant National Governing Body of Sport website for further information on return to play.