Girls Go GoldYST Girls Go Gold
Specialist university lecturers and sports ambassadors will deliver two inspiring days of theory and practical sessions at world-class sporting facilities, designed to inspire, motivate and support girls who are passionate about playing, competing in and studying all things sport.
These events will take place:
- Thursday 12 September 2019 - University of Bath
- Friday 13 September 2019 – English Institute of Sport, Sheffield
GSA schools can bring a group of up to 15 girls aged 14-18 and two members of staff. The cost will be £44 per student, with two accompanying teachers attending free of charge.
Programme highlights include:
- In Bath – an opportunity to pose your questions to Pamela Cookey and Tamsin Greenway, former players of England’s national netball team, and an inspirational closing keynote from “Polar Performance”, the first female team to ski across Antarctica using muscle power alone.
- In Sheffield – hear from Dame Katherine Grainger DBE, Great Britain’s most decorated female Olympian and Chair of UK Sport
- Theory based workshops, delivered by inspiring experts in their field, which will support girls with their PE GCSE and those considering further study within this area
- Practical masterclasses, where girls will access elite level coaching from both players and coaches representing each University
- Recreation activity, where girls will have the chance to try new sports such as ice skating, beach volleyball, yoga and a host of others to encourage them to think about their personal wellbeing
- Both programmes will incorporate a parallel session for teachers. Hosted by Ali Oliver, Chief Executive of Youth Sport Trust and Emily Reynolds, Head of Sport at Youth Sport Trust, teachers will hear about the work YST is doing to transform PE’s place on the curriculum, putting it at the centre of students’ wellbeing and achievement. Through the session, teachers will be encouraged to reflect on their PE offer, positioning it to be a subject which develops young people's wellbeing and achievement, not just their sporting ability.
Furthermore, we are delighted to announce that Squadkit will be exhibiting at both events. Squadkit are a unique sportswear brand focused on delivering high performance kit to the next generation of athletes. They are the leading supplier to the UK's top schools and colleges and know that helping aspiring athletes to look and feel good is key to unlocking their potential. For more information, please visit Squadkit's website: www.squadkit.com.
To book your place for the Bath event please click here.
To book your place for the Sheffield event please click here.
Please note you may need to create an account before you can access the event booking system. This should only take a few minutes.
These events are a fantastic way to kick start your 2019/20 school year, so put the date in your diary and book your places here today!
If you have any queries, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.