Girls Active AwardsYST Girls Active Awards
Teachers, parents and the girls themselves can nominate those individuals or groups that meet one of the six award categories celebrating the work done through the YST Girls Active programme.
Girls Active is developed by the Youth Sport Trust, and is delivered in partnership with Women in Sport, and This Girl Can; it is funded through Sport England National Lottery. The programme involves girls in the design and delivery of PE, physical activity and school sport in primary and secondary schools.
The Girls Active Virtual Awards ceremony will take place on Tuesday 03 November 2020. Nominations will close on Friday 18 September 2020, so don’t forget to make your nomination now. There are six award categories this year, including a brand new ‘5 Year Anniversary’ award for the Best Girls Active School.
Each of the awards are listed below along with their respective criteria and a link to the nomination form:
- A positive and relatable role model
- Inclusive – welcoming and proactively tried to engage all girls
- Empowered other girls, helped to unlock potential and enabled others to become leaders too
- Set up new clubs/teams/physical activity programmes
- Made a positive difference to the lives of girls and women at school and/or in the wider community.
- Influenced girls
- Persuaded and encouraged non-active peers to get active
- Changed perceptions about sport and physical activity
- Influenced decision makers – teachers, headteachers, governors etc
- Persuaded decision makers to take on a new idea/ approach
- Worked in partnership with teachers to deliver programmes
- Secured funding or support for proposed activities.
Personal Growth Award
- Gone through a personal journey
- Developed CARE skills: creativity, aspiration, resilience and empathy
- Improved student behaviour, attitude and/or wellbeing
- Found/ amplified her voice.
Best Girls Active Group/GLAMS Award
- Demonstrated collective leadership
- Made a demonstrable impact
- Took an innovative approach – thinking outside the box
- Gone above and beyond what is asked.
Future Leader Award
- A primary school pupil
- Helped the teacher and/or mentor to deliver sport and physical activity sessions
- Encouraged others to take part
- Set a good example
- Passionate and enthusiastic.
Best Girls Active School Award
- A School that parents and pupils feel truly supports girls to become happy and active
- Encourages girls of all abilities, ages and backgrounds to get involved
- Has a range of programmes available catering to different tastes
- Has shown a real effort to embrace the Girls Active message.
The Awards are open to girls/groups/schools who have been involved in the YST Girls Active programme over the 2019/20 school year. Each nominee must meet at least one of the category criteria to be in with a chance to win.
Take a look at the latest news: